International Union of Crystallography
MaThCryst forthcoming activities
Fifth training course on symmetry and group theory, March 2017, Tsukuba (Japan)
Second Workshop on Mathematical Crystallography, May 2017, Manila (Philippines)
Shanghai International Crystallographic School, June 2017, Shanghai (China)
IUCr 2017 Satellite, September 2017, Rourkela, (India)
The following pages aim at presenting in a simple but rigorous way some of the "hot topics" of MaThCryst. This is essentially a cooperative "on-going" project which exploits the dynamic nature of the Internet to improve itself on the basis of the feedback from the readers. Do not hesitate to send us your comments.
Hereafter is a list of topics we plan to describe. The description of some of these topics is hosted directly on the MaThCryst website: links are activated as soon as the corresponding page is ready. For topics that are already extensively described elsewhere, we provide an external link, indicated by the icon .
- Twinned crystals. The reticular and symmetry classification of twins is analyzed in details.
- The EPINET Project . The EPINET project explores 2D hyperbolic (H2) tilings as a source of crystalline frameworks (or networks) in 3D euclidean (E3) space.
- crystallographic orbits of space groups
- Dirichlet domains
- graph theory applied to bonding networks and crystal growth
- homologous series of structures
- iso-symmetric phase transitions
- lattice complexes
- Polytypes, OD structures, local symmetry and space groupoids
- magnetic space groups
- minimal surfaces
- normalizers of space groups
- sphere packings